- Role/Play did pretty good in the indie festivals circuit. What has changed in your personal and professional life with this movie?
I loved making this movie with Matthew! We met on a movie ("Pornography: A Thriller") where we only had one non-dialogue scene together. We did a play ("Corpus Christi") together, but our characters never interact. We did a web series ("WeHo") together, but our characters never even met. So it was great with "Role/Play" to really get to play opposite each other. I can't wait for audiences to see it!
- When did you realize that acting would be your job?
I have always wanted to be an actor, for as long as I can remember!
- I loved Paul Bright's Angora Ranch, it was a bit cheeky but so romantic. Is Abrupt Decision similar to that one or completely different?
It is really different. I play man who is fired and goes through a mid-life crisis, trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life. Paul wrote a really complex, challenging character for me to play. I am so excited to finally see it.
- What is your relationship with love in general? I mean do you really think love can do everything? And that everything can be done for love?
I'm definitely a romantic. My life is so much better since Matthew came into it. We will celebrate three years together this March. I love him so much. I love coming home to him every night. I'm a lucky man.
- In your acting career you have tried Comedy, Drama, Horror and now Romance. What genre do you think you'd like to try again, or try for the first time, in the future?
I would love to do an action movie!
- The last movie you seen? And book you read (maybe I know the answer to this one, maybe not)?
We both vote for the Screen Actors Guild Awards, so we are watching all of the nominated films. Last night we watched "The King's Speech". I am currently reading "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo".
- An actor you love and one you would like to emulate.
My favorite actor is Matthew Fox. I'd love to work with him some day.
Photo by Jimmy Baumgardner
- Sticke Figures, Abrupt Decision, Finding Mr Wright, I Want to Get Married... did I miss some of your future venture? Would you like to tell us something more about each of them?
2011 is going to be an exciting year for me and Matthew. Together we will have two films come out: "Role/Play" and "Corpus Christi: Playing With Redemption". I will also have "Abrupt Decision". Matt will also have "Finding Mr. Wright", I Want to Get Married", "Flight of the Cardinal" and a short film that he co-produced called "Cleaning House". We are very lucky men indeed!
Role/Play (2011) directed by Rob Williams
Actors: Steve Callahan, Matthew Montgomery, David Pevsner, Brian Nolan, Jim J. Bullock
Directors: Rob Williams
Studio: Guest House Films
DVD Release Date: February 8, 2011
Run Time: 85 minutes
Amazon: Role/Play (2011)
When soap opera star Graham Windsor (Steve Callahan - East Side Story, Nine Lives, Make the Yuletide Gay) is outed as the result of a gay sex tape scandal, he seeks refuge at an exclusive Palm Springs resort. But quiet anonymity eludes him when marriage-equality activist Trey Reed (Matthew Montgomery - Redwoods, Back Soon, Socket) checks in to escape the fallout from his own bitter divorce. As an undeniable passion begins to sizzle between Graham and Trey, they force each other to confront their professional downfalls and the firestorm each has created in the gay press. Role/Play also stars David Pevsner (Pornography: A Thriller), Brian Nolan (The Lair), Matthew Stephen Herrick (Daydream Obsession: Legacy) and Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort).