Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Interlude Press (February 18, 2016)
Amazon Kindle: Speakeasy
Blurb: In the height of the Prohibition era, recent Yale graduate Heath Johnson falls for Art, the proprietor of a unique speakeasy tucked away beneath the streets of Manhattan where men are free to explore their sexuality. When Art’s sanctuary is raided, Heath is forced to choose between love and the structured life his parents planned for him.
Heath swallows, playing over an idea that had formed shakily in his head after he saw Frankie, since Art walked through that door and possibly longer without him being fully conscious of it. “Maybe it’s time I was honest. Tell them that I don’t want to marry Ginny or work with my father. Let the pieces fall where they may.”
“You would do that?”
“If it meant being with you, I would do anything.” Heath sits up and the sheets fall to pool around his waist. “I know what I want, now. And it’s you and whatever a future with you brings.”
Meet the author: Suzey Ingold is a writer, linguist and coffee addict, currently based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Brought up in a household where children’s books are quoted over the dinner table, literature has always had a strong influence on her life. She enjoys traveling, scented candles and brunch. Her short story, “The Willow Weeps for Us,” was included in “Summer Love: An LGBTQ Collection,” published by Duet, an imprint of Interlude Press (2015).
"Thank you for having me! I’m a writer and linguistics student, currently based in Edinburgh. I’ve been writing for years and had my first short story, The Willow Weeps for Us, published in 2015, in the Summer Love anthology from Duet Books. Speakeasy is about a recent Yale graduate who must discover what he really wants when he meets the owner of a unique Midtown speakeasy in 1920s Manhattan."
10 things we didn’t know about you.
1. My name is actually Susanna, although no one calls me that, nor have they in years. I have friends who have actually been made confused when they see the name Susanna written on anything of mine.
2. I speak five languages—to varying levels. I was brought up bilingual speaking both English and Finnish; I studied Spanish and French in high school; and then did two years of Italian at university. I love languages—next, I’d really love to learn Swedish, or maybe Arabic.
3. One of the perks of being half Finnish (apart from spending beautiful summers by the lakeside) is that I get to have two Christmases: on Christmas Eve, we have a Finnish Christmas with all the delicious traditional dishes, and then on Christmas Day we do the British traditional things.
4. I am the baby of my family. I have three older brothers, but they are 13, 16, and 18 years older than me, respectively. By the time I was 5 years old, they’d all moved out, so in many ways I grew up like an only child.
5. I’m a little obsessed with astrology. (I’m a Gemini, FYI.) I could spend hours reading things about what my sign says about me—they’re almost always accurate, which is the cool thing!
6. I can’t drive. I started taking lessons when I was still in high school, because it’s what everyone did at that age, but after having more than one panic attack during a lesson, I quit. One day, I will go back to it. Honest.
7. When I go to the movies, I will order salted popcorn and then buy a bag of some kind of chocolate (Revels are my favorite choice for this) and eat a handful of salted popcorn together with a chocolate. I can’t even explain how good it tastes.
8. I’m naturally a dirty blonde but, over the years, my hair has been peach, red, orange, dark brown, bleach blonde, and purple.
9. I love to swim, even though I actually didn’t learn until I was about 9 nine years old. For a long time, I was scared of water because the youngest of my three brothers took me on a water ride when I was 3 years old, with a promise that it would be absolutely fine. (It wasn’t fine.)
10. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
Where to find the author:
Tour Dates & Stops:
18-Feb Elisa - My Reviews and Ramblings, Love Bytes, Kirsty Loves Books, Hearts on Fire
19-Feb Prism Book Alliance, Sinfully Addicted to All Male Romance, Nephy Hart, Kiki's Kinky Picks, Inked Rainbow Reads
22-Feb Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents, 3 Chicks After Dark, Two Chicks Obsessed With Books and Eye Candy, Book Reviews and More by Kathy
23-Feb Unquietly Me, My Fiction Nook, Havan Fellows, The Hat Party
24-Feb Dawn’s Reading Nook, Divine Magazine, Bayou Book Junkie
25-Feb V's Reads, Lee Brazil, MM Good Book Reviews
26-Feb A.M. Leibowitz, Boys on the Brink Reviews
28-Feb Molly Lolly, Jessie G. Books
29-Feb Happily Ever Chapter, BFD Book Blog
1-Mar Three Books Over The Rainbow, Up All Night, Read All Day
2-Mar Wicked Faerie's Tales and Reviews, Alpha Book Club, Cathy Brockman Romances
Rafflecopter Prize: $25 IP Web Store Gift Card Grand Prize + 5 eBook editions of Speakeasy to randomly-drawn winners
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This journal is friends only. This entry was originally posted at http://reviews-and-ramblings.dreamwidth.org/4791372.html. If you are not friends on this journal, Please comment there using OpenID.