1. The Edge of Control by Lou Kelly - Gender: Gay - Genre: Romantic Suspence
Paperback: 328 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (June 1, 2016)
Amazon: The Edge of Control
Amazon Kinlde: The Edge of Control
1) Once again, this author has impressed me. Each character, including secondaries, were well rounded and felt real. The story moved quick, but not insta-love, and the suspense portion delivered perfectly. You could imagine yourself in the corridors of this hospital, watching the drama unfold.
2) Written from the first person point of view, it was a delightful and heartwarming book, I absolutely and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. This book really grabs a reader and personally I could not put this book down until I finished reading it. The plot is well thought of, the characters jump out of the page and grab you. I recommend it highly!
3) I've not read a hospital drama for ages and what a rollercoaster ride this book was. Although, on occasion, it seemed as though the 2 MCs were going to drown in plot overload, this book had me engaged from start to finish. I loved the supporting cast of Ian's family and how they interacted with him, and David's stalwart friend, Caroline. Written in first person, David's voice is engaging, warm and, at times, humorous. I've not read anything by this author before but will be doing so in the future.
4) This book grabbed me from the first paragraph. A fine balance of budding romance, steamy lust, skillfully-woven intrigue, villains, triumph-over-evil, all-embracing family, cute kids, rags-to-riches, heart of gold prostitute makes good, heart-pounding love to the rescue, all overlaid with a world where LGBT people are seen for what we can accomplish and those who would abuse us are dealt a harsh blow. What's not to like?? A perfect score!
2. The Art of Hero Worship by Mia Kerick - Gender: Gay - Genre: Romantic Suspence
3. Tackling the Tight End by Tara Lain - Gender: Gay - Genre: Romantic Suspence
4. Time: Wounds All Heal by Princess S.O. - Gender: Gay - Genre: Romantic Suspence
5. Broken Soldier by Jamie Lynn Miller - Gender: Gay - Genre: Romantic Suspence
This journal is friends only. This entry was originally posted at http://reviews-and-ramblings.dreamwidth.org/4927761.html. If you are not friends on this journal, Please comment there using OpenID.