1. Beauty and Cruelty by Meredith Katz - Gender: Lesbian - Genre: Fantasy Romance
Paperback: 236 pages
Publisher: Less Than Three Press (October 29, 2015)
Amazon: Beauty and Cruelty
Amazon Kindle: Beauty and Cruelty
1) I don't often call a book brilliant anymore. This one, however, deserves it. The summary seems to promise a funny, light-hearted little story about fairy tale characters, a little meta-fiction so to speak. And it is that, yes, but it's also so much more. It's a story that asks big questions, about truth and identity, choices and change. And it's so incredibly well-written, you don't even notice what is happening until you find yourself thinking about it, about the characters' answers and about your own. At the same time, the plot never becomes heavy or weighted down but flows smoothly from chapter to chapter to chapter. Technically solid, entertaining, thought-provoking, this is what I'd call Literature with a capital L. And it's the author's first published novel. I'm so going to buy her next one.)
2) An incredibly clever, insightful, well-crafted story of startling originality. A pleasure to read from start to finish.
2. Slow Burn in Tuscany by Giselle Fox - Gender: Lesbian - Genre: Contemporary Romance
3. A Quantum Convergence (Nexus Trilogy #1) by C.A. Farlow - Gender: Lesbian - Genre: Sci-fi / Futuristic
4. Hurricane Season by B.J. Phillips - Gender: Lesbian - Genre: Contemporary Romance
5. Winter's Harbor by Aurora Rey - Gender: Lesbian - Genre: Contemporary Romance
Love on The Red Rocks by Lisa Moreau - Gender: Lesbian - Genre: Contemporary Romance
The Broken Coil (The Glass Pantheon #1) by Sy Itha - Gender: Lesbian - Genre: Fantasy
This journal is friends only. This entry was originally posted at http://reviews-and-ramblings.dreamwidth.org/4930888.html. If you are not friends on this journal, Please comment there using OpenID.