1) I love to read. I read a lot of books, and sometimes a story like this one comes along which reminds me why. It doesn’t miss a beat. The characters, the plot, the editing, all made this a pleasure to read.
2) A good story, well-told with engaging characters. The writer knows her craft and adds the creative colorations to make this a wonderful read.
3) Absolutely loved this contemporary romance. Love Bitterroot. What a unique set of characters. Didn’t want to put this one down. Loved Olly’s vulnerability. This story was more “ real life” then he traditional ones.
4) I absolutely loved the characters and the writing here. The story pulled me in immediately.
5) A delightful piece of fiction, Jove Belle weaves a story filled with angst, humor, personal growth, coming of age, and family bonding. Highly recommended and one you're sure to re-read.
Jove Belle Bittterroot Queen
Lesbian - Contemporary General Fiction
Publisher: Dirt Road Books (June 30, 2017)
Amazon: Jove Belle Bittterroot Queen
When Sam Marconi packs up her home and leaves Las Vegas behind her, she pictures an idyllic life waiting for her and her daughter, Beth, in Bitterroot, Idaho. After saving for years, Sam finally has enough to chase her dream of owning and operating a small roadside motel. When she arrives, she finds her new business in a derelict state that makes Sam second guess her decision to move.
For Olly Jones, home has always been in the stretch of road between houses. As a child, her parents raised her to embrace a nomadic life, a practice she continues as an adult. Unlike her parents, Olly doesn't view the movement as her birthright. She feels an inexplicable, irrepressible tug pulling her ever forward, searching for...something. She trusts she'll know it when she finds it.
Sam and Olly's first meeting is explosive with accusations of trespass and vandalism, backed up by mace. But when Sam puts up a flyer seeking skilled labor at an unskilled labor price, Olly is the only one who shows up for the job. Despite her initial reservations, Sam hires her and eventually realizes Olly is exactly what she needs.
Charmed by Bitterroot and drawn in by Sam's fierce independence, Olly lingers longer than normal. For the first time, she sees a potential for home and family. Will they find a way to build the life they've both been searching for? Or will they cling to the ties holding them to the past?
This journal is friends only. This entry was originally posted at https://reviews-and-ramblings.dreamwidth.org/5172568.html. If you are not friends on this journal, Please comment there using OpenID.